Click on this banner for more information on this Montreal Weddings advertiser!
HOW TO SELECT A CATERER FOR YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION IN MONTREAL? MONTREAL WEDDINGS IS HERE TO HELP!
The meal is one of the main things that guests will remember about your wedding.
It is also one of the biggest parts of your wedding budget.
Ideally, you should start looking for a caterer after you find your reception site. This will also allow you to determine what rental equipment will be needed.
It is important to know your wedding budget. Are food and drinks an important priority? Many factors can influence the price of your meal: the number of people on your guest list, the number of people in your wedding party, the number of courses you would like, rental equipment, service (buffet vs. a sit-down meal), menu selection and the caterer’s experience.
The most important things to consider when choosing your wedding caterer are beautiful presentation coupled with extraordinary taste. Ask to see the caterer’s portfolio to get an idea of how they present their meals. As for taste, most caterers will offer their wedding clients a tasting session, so set up an appointment to taste the meal that you’ve ordered.
If you have a particular wedding theme or special request, share your ideas with the caterer. They will surely be able to surprise you with the perfect menu!
QUESTIONS THAT MONTREAL WEDDINGS SUGGESTS THAT YOU ASK THE CATERER:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you usually cater weddings?
- Do you offer special wedding menus?
- Can we make substitutions? Is there a charge?
- What permits do you have?
- Are you licensed to serve and sell liquor?
- What kind of insurance do you carry?
- Do you provide other services or equipment?
- Linens (material? colour?)
- Napkins (material? colour?)
- Candles and candleholders
- Dance floor
- Wedding cake
- Bar service
- Is the price of these services or items included in our price?
- Are there extra fees for cake cutting, corkage or broken dishes?
- Are your travel costs included in our price?
- Is the hall and bar setup included in our price?
- How many waiters will be necessary?
- What is the hourly cost per waiter?
- What are the overtime charges?
- Are there any other additional charges?
- Describe the staff's wedding day attire?
- Will you be present on our wedding day?
- When is the final guest count due?
- What are your terms of payment?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Are you being charged an extra fee by our reception site?
- Is this fee included in our price?
- Have you ever catered a wedding at our reception site?
- Are all charges clearly stated in our contract (food, quantities, number of guests, setup, equipment, etc.)?
- Until what date are these prices guaranteed (price escalation clause)?
- May we attend a wedding reception that you are catering?
For more information, Montreal Weddings invites you to consult Interview with an Expert! Exclusively found here on Montreal Weddings.