Click on this banner for more information on this Montreal Weddings advertiser!
HOW TO SELECT A BAKER AND A WEDDING CAKE FOR YOU WEDDING IN MONTREAL? MONTREAL WEDDINGS IS HERE TO HELP!
The wedding cake is undeniably an important part of the wedding reception. Many questions need to be considered before you meet with a baker:
- How many guests will attend?
- Do you want a multi-layered cake?
- Do you want to preserve the top layer to celebrate your first wedding anniversary?
- What flavour do you want?
- What type of decoration do you want?
- What is your wedding cake budget?
- What type of cake topper are you looking for?
Once you have answered all of these questions, Montreal Weddings suggests that you meet with a baker. Here is some additional advice for the meeting to help you choose your cake:
- Provide the baker with as many details as you possibly can.
- Be precise when discussing flavours. You may also want to discuss the decoration and fondant flavours.
- Consider your wedding theme and decor. The baker can magically turn your wedding cake into a decorative element that will fit with your theme.
- The cake will be shared with everyone at your reception. It is important to be precise about the number of people attending.
- The cake must be delicious. It is important to choose a baker who is known for wedding cakes. Many bakers will even offer a wedding cake tasting session.
- Instead of one big cake, you can choose to have several smaller cakes that are affordable, give you several flavour choices, and simple to distribute as well as lay out on the table.
- If you see cake styles that you love, don’t hesitate to bring pictures to show your baker.
- Ask for advice. Bakers are experts who can help you find what you are looking for.
QUESTIONS THAT MONTREAL WEDDINGS SUGGESTS THAT YOU ASK THE BAKER:
- Do you have a portfolio or catalogue of cakes that you have done?
- Do you use commercial mixtures or do you prepare them yourself?
- Will our cake be fresh or previously frozen?
- When will you make our cake?
- Must it be refrigerated?
- Can you make our choice of cake for our number of guests?
- What filling and icing flavours do you offer?
- Do your prices include delivery, assembly, columns, display and cake topper?
- What are the additional charges, if any?
- Do you rent fake cakes? What are the models and prices?
- Can we buy a simple cake with white icing to serve our guests and rent a fake cake to display at the hall?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are your terms of payment?
For more information, Montreal Weddings invites you to consult Interview with an Expert! Exclusively found here on Montreal Weddings.